Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The start of my Music Magazine's contents page

This is the start of my Contents page for my Music Magazine, I've chosen a darker back round as I think it emphasises the other colours on the page more. I need to collect some more research as well as images for my contents page. When looking at contents pages on the Internet, I have found that they all contain a lot of colour. This is what I want mine to be like. I thought the heading had to be the largest part of the page obviously, as well as bright, which I have done. I've also researched the music chart's for this week (28th February) and listed the first top 5 this week, as on researching a lot, I found that many contents pages has this. I've also added a little introduction, as looking at even everyday magazine's, they all had this.
This is the second and more on the way to being finished part of my Contents Page for my Music Magazine. I think I might have too many colours going on, as usual colour schemes only have a maximum of 4 or 5 colours on a page. I also think I might have a bit too much writing on this too, so I should cut down and just put the most relevant information on my Contents Page. I've already cut down my introduction substantially, but there's a lot more to be done. I'm thinking about getting rid of the top 5 charts from this week as it takes up a lot of room and could usually be found further on in the magazine. I'm also thinking about maybe getting rid of the back round graphics all together, as I don't know whether it's just making my contents page too crowded rather than doing any good.

 
I think that I will defiantly remove the top 5 music chart from the right side of my contents magazine all together. Although it could have been a good idea to start with, I've had feedback off both my teacher and other friends on the course, and they have all said it takes up unnecessary room, where you could find the top 5 charts further on in the magazine, which would make you want to buy it. I've still got too much writing, and still too many colours, such as dark blues and light blues, which i will all change nearer the end to my finished product.


No comments:

Post a Comment