Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My final front cover of my College magazine


This is my final front cover for my College magazine. I've changed quite a few things about it, while at the same time, keeping some things the same. I've changed the date, as realistically, a weekly magazine wouldn't be read and have as much information in, as a montly issue.

 I've changed my colour scheme quite a lot, as I noticed my last magazine had a lot of pink's and red's which could be more leaned at the female gender more than the male. I also changed the Win an Ipod Nano's layout, as I thought I should take advantage of the person in the picture wearing a dark T-shirt, meaning I can have a lot of bright colours on top. I've got mainly the same fonts for my front cover, as I thought having the only different fonts for contact information, and charities was more noticeable.

I chose to use pink to talk about the charity Breast Cancer, as Breast Cancer awareness is all pink themed, so I thought that was appropriate also.
I have also decided to change the name of my magazine, as I thought from the start it was although original, not very imaginive, and it was lazy of me to just deal with the first thing that came to mind. I thought "The College Star" as a name was good for many reasons. It's slightly associated with the famous newspaper "The Star" and so instantly, you would know by the name, it had something to do with media, even if it was just a College magazine. I also added stars onto my front page, as well as my contents, as they obviously apply to my name. I've made the writing larger as well, as some information was hard to read, and would have been ignored otherwise. I've changed the layout of little things, such as the price, was originally on the left, now it's on the right side. This little tweeking, in my opinion, makes my magazine all the better, and I'm confident it's a good front cover, even though over all it's only a practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment