Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Final contents page of my College Magazine



On looking upon more contents pages, mainly on the internet, I found that it was mainly the same font used, which is exactly what I've done. I've changed the colour of my text, and added more, useful information to it.

In my last contents page, I had information like "A map of the Isle of Man College inside" which, honestly wouldn't be needed, there's enough signs around the premises so you wouldn't get lost, so I changed that and added information more relevant to the magazine.

 I've made the charity's information a lot larger, as it would probably be the first thing you see in my contents page, which is to me, the most important. I've changed the page numbers to have a larger range, and i've added more headings like I said I would before.
As my final draft, I've changed my Contents page a lot. I've added a picture, and a lot more brighter writing. Unlike my front cover, my contents page is all in the same font, which is Broadway. I researched a lot of contents pages, and found that many of the best one's looked more professional, and realistic in the same font, so that's why mine's all the same. 

I have also put stars on my Contents page now as well, as I was firstly going to call my magazine, "Student life", but ended up with "The College Star". 

 I've not put lots of writing on my contents page, as I don't personally read the whole contents when reading a magazine myself. I think if I had, had the oppourtunity, I'd have taken more pictures of possibly the campus, and put those on my contents page as well.
 I think as my final contents page, in my opinion, it's vastly improved, and I believe this would look like something you would find in a magazine. My image doesn't stand out like a sore thumb anymore either, as I've put text above the person in the picture's head, which makes it blend in more, along with the other text. I believe my final contents page to be more eye-catching, more relevant and much more like a contents page, rather than text just dotted around the page in a mess. I'm happy that this is my final contents page.


No comments:

Post a Comment