Wednesday, April 27, 2011

1. In what ways does your media produce use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

My media product is all based on what you would typically find in the music industry. I researched a lot for my work on my front cover, my contents page as well as my double page spread to make sure it didn't just look like a students work, it looked like what you would find on a shelf in a shop.

I used images you would typically find in a magazine, and that is why for my front cover, i got a friend of mine that looks similar to Lady Gaga, to be my front cover image, as Lady Gaga is in the chart music part of the music industry and this is the genre I decided to base my magazine on.

Most music magazines are usually dark, and dim, and in reds, blacks and whites, while mine is all the brightest colours you can get. I did this as I thought it would be a lot brighter and eye-catching to the typical music magazine reader. It would be something different and because of this, it would stand out more.

My front cover and double page spread are basically the same set-up as what you would find in a music magazine, the front cover has writing on both sides of the page, a large image with text written over it, a date, an issue number and a price. My double page spread is an interview, which when I researched, is mainly all I found double page spreads contained. I used around the same amount of images as a typical double page spread would have in it, as well as similar questions and colours for the text.

No comments:

Post a Comment